Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Birthday

My 37th Birthday


I officially no longer like my birthdays. I think I'm getting a little too close to 40. But, I'm trying to not focus too much on that. I tell my kids I still remember what it's like to be a teenager, but for some reason, they don't believe me. A few days after my birthday, a bunch of us went to lunch to celebrate my b-day as well as Karrin's and Crystal's. The funny thing was that Crystal is 10 years younger than me. She turned 27 and I turned 37!! I really feel like we're the same age! Here are a couple pics from Cravings:



On my actual birthday, we decided to spend the afternoon with the kids, and take them to dinner that night. Matt came home early and I had a few visits from some of my favorite girls-the 6th grade girls from church. I've really gotten really close with these awesome girls. I always joke that they're Brayden's harem, but they're like daughters to me. Devin Palmer and Rylee Christenson stopped by after school with a cute card and some other fun things. They are so sweet. Rahgan Jenson brought over some cookies.
Devin, Rylee, me and Brayden

These girls really boost my confidence!
We went to dinner that night at El Rico's-a yummy kid-friendly Mexican restaurant. Matt's brother, Mark, was still in town, so he joined us as well.


Mia and Uncle Mark

That night, Allie Hancock and CJ Galvan came over to "heart attack" me and tried to do really wimpy TP job to my house, but Mia caught them.


Allie, CJ, me and Amy

Check out that impressive TP job!

Allie's ready to attack Brayden with a heart on a popsicle stick!

Everyone came inside for cake and ice cream. We didn't have candles except some number ones. We came up with 3, 4 and 1 which represented 3x4+1=37. My kids do know math!


The Christenson's came over and brought Rylee and Devin back. My low-key birthday ended up with a lot of kids-which I love!


When I took down all the "heart attack" sticks, I had to take a picture of them. They cracked me up. They know how to make me feel good by telling me that I look young! Keep them coming girls!!! They are so sweet. Thanks for making it such a great birthday, girls!

10 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Happy Birthday! I am a loser friend for not calling you! It looks like you did some good celebrating! We are getting old! I am not far behind you turning 37. I still feel like I am 20 what happened to us?

Bill and Tara said...

That is so fun! How loved your must feel! I wish I was there to celebrate with you.

Anonymous said...

HAppy Birthday! It looks like you had a very fun one!!!

Rahgan said...

I came over. It's too bad I wasnt in any of the pictures. Just Kidding!

Chelsea said...

Sorry I missed your birthday Julie! looks like you were very well taken care of though!!

foreveryoung said...

I'm still sad I missed out on the lunch, looks like fun! Happy birthday, you are definately still young at heart :) Thanks for the fun hot tub party, we always love hanging out with you guys.

Brigitta said...

Happy Late Birthday Julz... I am not ready to turn 37, for some reason it just sounds old. Anyway, looks likeyou have a great celebration.

Jen said...

Oh Julie, you are one hot 37 year old. You really do look so good. Happy birthday. I'm so glad you have so many that love you enough to give you a heart attack.

I know what you mean about feeling like you are still a teenager. I honestly still feel that way and wonder when I am going to grow up! :)

Angela said...

Happy Belated Birthday- I just hit the big 40th this year, and it hurts! You look great! Come to Boston and visit!

Kenna said...

i know this is really late but happy birthday! im sorry i wasnt there and im sorry it is really late but i love you julie!